Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Jason’s Thoughts About Wolverine And Road House

I enjoy comic book movies. I enjoy Romantic "good versus evil." I enjoy Randian "gifted versus un-gifted." I enjoy watching a "black and white" world. I enjoy the simplicity.

I find comic book movies wonderfully entertaining. Wolverine is no exception. It could have been a more detailed character study, but the movie did what it was supposed to do.

This reminds me of something that I wrote a year ago about Road House:

I watched Road House on TV the other night. Part of me prefers my super heroes to have super-natural powers. Part of me does not think vengeance could ever go that far. Smart successful business people are smart and successful because they are reasonable. There were too many potential "everyone wins" exchanges between Wesley and Dalton for things to end the way they ended. All in all, it was an entertaining movie.

Rest in peace, Mr. Swayze.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have much of an opinion on comic book movies.... mostly because I'm not totally into comic books. But I see what you mean about their simplicity, and as entertainment I think they definitely take you out of our own world into somewhere different, which is normally good, if that's what you look for in a film. Comic book movies sometimes also, though, reflect the flawed nature of the human condition, which is what I think makes a good film - something that reflects humanity and our nature and our reality.

    But... I'm so excited about this blog!! Very exciting. I love talking about movies, especially with people from Crozet!

    ReplyDelete